Reviewed byAhmed SamirVote: 9/10/10
*SPOILER FREE REVIEW*
As a huge fan of the first film, I went to watch the movie as soon asit came out. And I have to say I wasn't disappointed at all.
Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2 Offers so much thrills and an awesomecinematic experience, The action starts right from the opening sceneand it doesn't end until the last 2 seconds of the film. The peoplebehind the movie just knew how to not make the audience bored, and theysucceeded at that.
I have to say that 3D ticket here is worth the additional price,because honestly, if any movie deserved to be really watched in 3D it'sthis one,It adds so much depth to the scenes and makes the movie alive.
The plot is interesting enough to keep you engaged and the pacing neverreally drags even with the movie's long duration.
The soundtrack just fits right into its place and it really helped thebackground quality, providing the best classic songs. The movie is alsoreally humorous and I found it as funny as the first.
Due to the movie's high budget, the scenery is Amazing! The movie feelslike a very entertaining roller coaster, it was a joy and all the crowdwere very pleased.
In the end, Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2 Is a MUST-SEE for fans of thefirst one and a VERY ENJOYABLE ride for everyone else. It's simply oneof these movies that are always fun to watch.
Reviewed byThomas TangVote: 9/10/10
I was lucky enough to see this on 20/4 at an industry screening whichallowed me to sit on the film for a few days before I gave a review. Ican safely say GotG Volume 2 absolutely wowed me. I can't believe thesebunch of lovable misfit a-holes made one of the most MATURE themedfilms in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The film is visually gorgeous.The use of colour, design and the straight up imagination of the sourcematerial outstand any MCU film prior. The action is glorious andastonishing. One scene in particular, I was jaw-dropped in its entiretyas direction, action-choreography and music all came together soharmoniously. And THE MUSIC! What an eargasmic soundtrack. The songsare more poetic this time around and fit the subtext of the filmperfectly. The trailers gave me the feel of the first movie; astraight-up Sci-fi action-comedy with a simple point A to B plot.GotGV2 is so much MORE than this! This film is patient with itscharacters and there is an emphasis on growth and family. It manages tobalance 7-8 characters and gives almost all of them a satisfactoryemotional arc. There is so much to chew on here with the issues andmotifs felt by certain characters and I applaud that! This film isvastly different and I'm glad because I just love these characters somuch! They are still so fun and energetic. It's great to see the teamagain and how their dynamic transforms. Also I forget to mention, thefilm is laugh-out-loud funny! All thanks to Drax who is by far the mostcomedic character and put me stitches.
Overall, this was both (I can't believe I'm saying this about theGuardians of the Galaxy) an emotionally dense and exciting blast. IfGuardians 1 is the fast-paced Sci-Fi adventure like Star Wars was in1977, then Vol. 2 is the deeper & richer film that takes its time toexpand our beloved characters; just like Empire Strikes Back.
Reviewed byimdb2-5Vote: 5/10/10
With so much talent in this film, it's so disappointing that thewriters were right . Don't waste a dime on developing a sensible plotbecause the hordes of fans will eat this crap up like it was a 5 starmeal. Hence the 8.1 star rating which reflects a demographic with timeon their hands and a studio with plenty of marketing budget.
On the bright side - the CGI is great. The sets are beautiful. Thereare some very funny moments. The cast still has some chemistry witheach other. And I've seen movies that were much worse and unwatchablethan this one. But I wouldn't be honest if I didn't give this a verygenerous 5 because of the horrendous, deficient plot. And after thisfilm I'd have to say that I've about had enough with this series. We'veheard the story, had some fun with the characters and it's clear thatwhat was fun, fresh and original is what it should have been - a onefilm wonder leaving Hollywood to develop another story.
Without giving away the big reveal or true spoilers, I'll explain theproblem that are evident throughout the entire film:
(1) Repeated jokes as if we're supposed to be warmed to it, e.g. howdumb and oblivious baby Groot is (except when he needs not to be.)Funny at the opening moment and gets more difficult to stomach as wemake our way through.
(2) The fact that our heroes are never really in danger. They arealways somehow able to avoid dangers of the most extreme kind forprolonged periods while they joke during the encounter and then youknow they will be saved by some unknown force to be named shortly.
(3) The abject stupidity of supremely smart characters. Because we needthose whose level of intelligence is off the charts to continue to dosome really stupid or missing the obvious for a prolonged period oftime but just enough for our heroes to have the time to do something tosave themselves and the galaxy from certain destruction.
(4) The explanation of the villain's plan made absolutely no sense. Itwas the usual pseudo-brilliant but amorphous hogwash that only madesense when you were 5 years old in the world of make believe withouthaving to think about whether there was any logic.
(5) Occasional product placement. Fedex anyone? It's one thing to havea "special moment" and another to believe we're too stupid tounderstand why it happened. And then there is Baby Groot who exists andwill continue to exist solely for merchandising... Too cute to killoff. ;)
After saving Xandar from Ronan's wrath, the Guardians are now recognized as heroes. Now the team must help their leader Star Lord (Chris Pratt) uncover the truth behind his true heritage. Along the way, old foes turn to allies and betrayal is blooming. And the Guardians find that they are up against a devastating new menace who is out to rule the galaxy.