Reviewed bymovieman_kevVote: 5/10/10
Chucky's son, picked up at the graveyard where he was born in the lastfilm by a British bloke, now work as a 'dummy' to his ventriloquist.He's having recurring dreams of murdering, and wondering who his realparents are. After seeing Chucky and Tiffany on Access Hollywood, heruns away from his home to America. Once there he reads from themagical necklace and resurrects the two dolls. When finds out hisparents are murderers he pees himself (a recurring gag) See he's prettymuch a pussy who doesn't know if he's a boy or girl. So Chucky callshim Glen and Tiff calls him Glenda. (laughing yet) While the firstthree Chucky films were played straight, and "Bride of Chucky" seemedto be a horror comedy. This one is Comedy, with some horror. I foundmyself amused to a point. Din't really care for the son character. Butthat's just my opinion. Definitely better than Child's Play 3, but Iliked it less then the original, part 2, and "Bride of Chucky"
My Grade: C
Eye Candy: Stephanie Chambers gets topless; we also see Tiffany's dollparts
Reviewed byPeter TraversVote: 3/4/10
Reviewed bysinco (email@example.com)Vote: 10/10/10
Give it up, if you didn't like Chucky before, you are absolutely goingto hate Seed of Chucky. I read many negative reviews prior to watchingthis movie and was quite ready for a major disappointment. However, itdid not happen. In my opinion, the movie is the crown of the entireseries, an ode to Chucky, the star of popular culture. Look how herefuses to become human ...superb! For a lover of camp, gory flicks,horror and parody, there are so many delightful moments in the movie.However, it is not horror as such,nor any other particular genre forthat matter. Chucky is not even the main star of the movie! I havealready declared myself as a fan, and maybe my view is not entirelyunbiased. Still, here are some things I particularly enjoyed:
1. The appearance of John Waters as an actor. Need I say more? Big +
2. Glen/Glenda who speaks with British accent, resembles David Bowiefrom his Ziggy Stardust phase and has sexual/personality identityissues. How cool is that? Big +
3. Very clear references, notably to Psycho, Shining, Rosemary's Baby(and some other movies by Mr. Polanski, but more in the form ofallusions), and even Pinnochio. I am sure there are many more. Big +
4. Jennifer Tilly, one of the sexiest, most sensual, intelligentactresses I have ever seen. Ideal for all sorts of subversive films. Ofcourse, she is wonderful in this one too. Mmm... Jennifer I love you.There, I have said it. Big +
5. Directing, music,setting, costumes. Yes, I liked them all... Thankyou people, well done.
The killer doll is back! Glen, the orphan doll offspring of the irrepressible devilish-doll-come-to-life Chucky and his equally twisted bride Tiffany. When production starts on a movie detailing the urban legend of his parents' lethal exploits, Glen heads for Hollywood where he brings his bloodthirsty parents back from the dead. The family dynamics are far from perfect as Chucky and Tiffany go Hollywood and get rolling on a new spree of murderous mayhem; much to gentle Glen's horror. Chucky can't believe that his child doesn't want to walk in his murdering footsteps, and star-struck Tiffany can't believe that the movie will star her favorite actress, Jennifer Tilly, who soon becomes an unwitting hostess to this new family in more ways than one...